21 September 2011

What have we been up to ...?


... I heard that question many times this month to realize that 
we (I) have been pretty quiet lately...

So, Hello  

;)

Back from summer break ( well it has been almost 4 weeks now...ahem...)

I could not use "Instagram"  to post photos and notes on FB and blog as originally planned. But the "roaming fees" would have been fairly expensive in the end to do it from my French cell since we travelled a bunch...

July ::




We spent 3 weeks in Wonderful Santa Barbara. Somehow after all those years (almost 5 !) spent in France, Santa Barbara is still Home to us. The beach, the Tuesday and Saturday Farmer's market, breakfast at Jeannine's , coffee at Santa Barbara's Roasting Company, and sushi at our favorite place "Sakana" (only once but memorable). We love having those "landmarks", we know the back ways to avoid the beach traffic. Just like the locals ! 
Our girls had such a fantastic quality time with their friends and cousins.


We were very blessed to have Tessa's baptism celebrated in Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Church. Friends and family gathered for this special day. 







We actually had two special days as I managed to organize with few accomplices (Thank you to all of you - wink wink) a surprise B'day party for my hubby (and I) since we both entered into a new decade this year).



The girls truly enjoyed summer camps spent at the beach with big kids






Oh, and I almost forgot :: the girls were so happy 
to take care of such a sweet cat. 
I have to say that we truly miss her






August ::

Oh the nice  jet lag we had  ! 
It took us almost 8 days to finally get over it and be sociable again!  When eating and sleeping were back to the "norm" we met with my dad up in the Alps for 2 weeks ! 

Hikes & picnic :: oh those lazy days we had ! 
Many books were read, some knitting were done.

But we also did some "productive work". 

I managed to  attend a fantastic workshop about "Cooperative education".

But this will be a nice subject for 

a next post... 

soon, 

I promise !





No comments:

Post a Comment